Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Welcome Brigham Kent Hofmann





Brigham decided to make his entrance 8 weeks early. He was born Sat. Feb. 2, 2008 at 8:34am. My water broke at 4:50am and we arrive at the hospital around 6:00. I wasn't having any contractions and the doctor thought he was going to give me some antibiotics and steroids and send me home. The nurse got a little nervous when I told her during my 4th contraction that I felt the need to push and the doctor got nervous soon after that. He checked me and could see the baby's head and I was dialated to 8!


I am fine and they have sent me home. Brigham is doing great! He was born 3lbs 13oz and 17 inches long. He is healthy for his size and age. He came out crying and peeing. He will be in the NICU for a while until he is big enough to keep his own temp up and eat enough orally to gain weight.


We are shocked and excited and exhausted. He is beautiful!!! It's Tues. evening and Ross and I are very tired. I just wanted to get some pictures posted. We will keep posting updates and pictures here.


Thanks for all of your prayers!

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations!!!! He IS so handsome - hair and all!! The pictures make him look alot bigger than 3 pounds!! What a great little man. So glad to hear you are all doing well. We will keep the prayers of blessing headed your way. Love, Schane, Heidi, Bella and Lacey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you!! Welcome baby Brig! Call me crazy, but I think he looks like Ross. I have to agree with Heidi that he looks bigger than I imagined. Thanks for the update. We'll be watching.
Love,
Angie, Brian, Ian, & Erin

Joe McMullen said...

Delaney (DJ) sends her hellos to Brigham (BK)!

It all looks quite familiar. =) He looks amazing and it sounds like everything is going smoothly.

Congratulations!! You're doing great Mom and Dad!

We're so happy for you three.
Sending lots of love your way-
Jessica, Joe and Delaney

Joe McMullen said...

"He came out crying and peeing"

Marking his territory all ready?

Congratulations!
Joe

Anonymous said...

So...you didn't need to decide on the epidural afterall??? He is absolutely gorgeous - and has a very cool name too. We'll continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers. Get some sleep now...while you still can!!! Love, Heather, Jeff, Carter & Beckett

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to see everyone is doing well. Hope Brigham gets out of the hospital soon. If he is anything like his dad he will pick up on the eating thing quick.....
You are all in our thoughts!

Mike, Diane, James & Renee Roemer

Reino Hayes Becker said...

WOW! He is a lil fellow! My puppy weighed more than him! Ha! Seriously - I am so happy for you. I am glad that he is doing well and I am glad that YOU are doing well! I hope he gets to come home soon. Obviously you scared me to death since I am at 31 weeks. Now I am stressing out! I hope someday our two little ones will get to play. Love you and my prayers are with you all!